Declan Galbraith 2014

Monday, April 5, 2010

Declan Galbraith - Danny Boy video

Written by Frederick Weatherly; arr. I. Mack, S. Mack, B. Mason, Robbins
First appeared: Album: DECLAN #01 (2002-09-09)
Record label: EMI
Further information: This song was first published by Ernestine Schumann-Heink in 1915

Wikipedia Mp3




Lyrics
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.
The summer’s gone, and all the flowers are dying.
Tis you, tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer’s in the meadow,
Or when the valley’s hushed and white with snow.
Tis I’ll be here, in sunshine or in shadow.
Oh Danny boy, Oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying,
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
I pray you’ll find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an ave there for me.

And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me
And all my grave shall warmer, sweeter be.
Then you will kneel and whisper that you love me
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me.
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+